17 Stats And Facts Every Marketer Should Know About Video Marketing
Leveraging video marketing is a powerful strategy to promote, brand, and grow your business online. More consumers are interacting with videos today than ever before and, in 2017, it’s vital to boost and ramp up your video marketing to connect with your audience.
Videos have a compelling way of fostering engagement, yielding results like click-throughs, shares, lead generation, and sales. It is indeed one of the best tactics to bring more exposure to your brand while helping you achieve your bottom-line.
But don’t take my word for it! I’ve compiled 17 intriguing statistics that illustrates the power behind video marketing. When you’re done, you’ll be motivated to bolster your video strategy to create success in your overall digital marketing.
#1 By 2019, global consumer Internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic (Source: SmallBizTrends)
#2 Facebook generates 8 billion video views on average per day (Source: Social Media Today)
#3 YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year (Source: Hubspot)
#4 55% of people watch videos online every day (Source: Digital Information World)
#5 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others (Source: RendrFx)
#6 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process (Source: Hubspot)
#7 Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined (Source: SmallBizTrends)
#8 Video posts on Facebook have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts (Source: Social Media Today)
#9 Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80% (Source: Unbounce)
#10 After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online (Source: Hubspot)
#11 Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users (Source: SmallBizTrends)
#12 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch video (Source: Digital Information World)
#13 People spend 3 times longer watching a live social video compared to one that has been prerecorded (Source: Social Media Today)
#14 Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rates (Source: Hubspot)
#15 Top three most effective types of video content: Customer testimonials (51%); Tutorial videos (50%); Demonstration videos (49%) (Source: Curata)
#16 A whopping 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days (Source: Hubspot)
#17 67% of marketers found video marketing somewhat successful (Source: Digital Information World)
Strategies To Use Video In Your Marketing
And now that you know how effective it can be, here’s how you can use video in your marketing strategy. These tactics are sure to provide you with the results you’re looking for.
- Use videos to share your brand’s story. Allow viewers to experience your passion and zeal for the market you serve
- Live-streaming videos are all the rave now! Take advantage of Facebook Live, Periscope, and Instagram Stories to engage with your social media followers through sharing your blog content, reporting breaking news, or inviting them backstage to your next event
- Upload videos directly to Facebook versus sharing videos from YouTube to boost organic reach
- Create videos for each of your products, especially your flagship one. Illustrate how to use it, the benefits, features and specs. The more you educate your audience on its use, the better success they’ll have
- Repurpose popular blog posts into a video series to extend its reach
- Include videos in your email content. Be sure to put the word “Video” in the subject line
- Use an editorial calendar to help you organize, plan and schedule your videos so it aligns with your business goals and keeps you consistent
Courtesy of Forbes.com